The 3rd Annual Florida International Trade and Cultural Expo (FITCE) was held on October 17 & 18. This year, FITCE welcomed local and international participants for a unique opportunity to engage high level government leaders, international trade experts and delegations from around the world to dialogue about international trade, foreign direct investment and culture. FITCE 2017 attracted international businesses, local businesses, multi-cultural global trade representatives from 50 countries and government leaders from around the globe to the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- His Excellency Álvaro Colom, Former President of Guatemala
- His Excellency Carlos Mesa, Former President of Bolivia
- The Honorable Erwin Contreras, Minister of International Trade and Petroleum for Belize
- The Honorable John Kwet Mwan Kwet, Minister of International Relations , Democratic Republic of Congo
- The Honorable Bienvenue Liyota Nzoli, Minister of Small & Medium Businesses, Democratic Republic of Congo
- The Honorable Ngoie Kasongo, Minister Emmanuel Ngoie Kasongo, Minister of External Affairs for Democratic Republic of Congo
- The Honorable Ferdinando Munóz, Mayor of Montebello, Colombia
- The Honorable Gaynell Rolle, Under Secretary of Finance for the Bahamas
- The Honorable Delroy Williams, Mayor of Kingston, Jamaica
- The Honorable Manuel Masías, Former Mayor of Miraflores, Peru
- And other mayors, consul generals, deputy consuls, trade commissioners and bi-national chambers from 50 countries.
- Panel Discussions and Seminars – such as the ’11 Steps to Exporting – A Roadmap to your Exporting Success’ and ‘How to Import’
- Doing Business with the World! – Business opportunities presented by foreign government officials, ambassadors, consuls general, trade commissioners and/or leaders of bi-national chambers of commerce representing over 35 countries
- NEW! Speed Matchmaking with Country Representatives – Meet one-on-one with governmental officials, ambassadors, consul generals, trade commissioners and/or leaders of bi-national chambers of commerce for over 35 countries
- The World Expo – visit and network with local and international exhibitors
- B2B Matchmaking Services – service offered by the Global Trade Chamber to match your business with buyers and suppliers
- Former Presidents Luncheon and Economic Engines Panel & International Trade Awards – organized by the Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Networking Cocktail Receptions / Cultural Experiences, and much more!
The third annual Florida International Trade and Cultural Expo’s (FITCE) return to Broward County last week was phenomenal. This year FITCE was the largest ever, attended by the former presidents of Bolivia and Guatemala, with participants and dignitaries traveling from more than 50 foreign countries, over 150 exhibitors, and on closing day Governor Rick Scott provided greetings to a standing room only audience. It is a major feat to put on an event of this size and scale, and it couldn’t be done without the hard work of Broward County’s Office of Economic and Small Business Development, the Office of District 9, sponsors, partners, volunteers, and everyone who played a part in making #FITCE2017 the major success it was.
Planning for FITCE 2018 is underway, so if you missed it this year make sure to not make the same mistake again. As we look at the week and weekend ahead, October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month, to learn how to protect your electronic devices and equipment from online attacks, there is a FREE Workshop on Cyber Security and Small Businesses this Thursday.